Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header St James' Anglican Church Hall (Sawyers Bay) | The Community Archive
Last updated: 13 April 2010

St James' Anglican Church Hall (Sawyers Bay)

Collection | Ref # ARC-0360 | Held by Hocken Collections - Uare Taoka o Hakena

Title:

St James' Anglican Church Hall (Sawyers Bay)

Description:

The Anglican vicar of Port Chalmers began conducting services in Sawyers Bay in 1924. A wooden church hall in Hugh Street was opened in 1931 and the name 'St James' was bestowed on it in the 1960s. Regular services at Sawyers Bay ended in 1987, and in 1990 the building was sold. read more …

Dates covered:

1931 - 1990
Share share

Can you tell us more about this collection?

Comments 0 Comments · Post a comment here

For enquiries please contact Hocken Collections - Uare Taoka o Hakena:

Ph:
  • +64 3 4798875
F:
  • +64 3 4795078
E:

Please quote this item’s reference number: ARC-0360

More about Hocken Collections - Uare Taoka o Hakena »

Notices from Hocken Collections - Uare Taoka o Hakena: