Level of description:
Records of the Presbytery of South Canterbury covering 1873-2002.
Contains the following records (see container list for more detail):
PRESBYTERY MINUTES (17 vols), 1873-2005
- includes annual reports, Boundaries Agreement 1960, Roll of Members 1936 - 1959.
****** Access to Presbytery minutes post-1960 RESTRICTED - Permission to be sought from the Presbytery Clerk in writing (see DM#630896) ******
CORRESPONDENCE/SUBJECT FILES (5 boxes), c1920-2011:
- Files on Chlamers, Geraldine, St Andrews, Trintiy (Timaru), Waimate and Waihao RE: visitation, co-operative agreements and ministerial appointments
PRESBYTERIAL MINUTES (3 vols), 1971-2003
NB: The Presbyterial was made up of representatives from each of church's women's groups, and provided a district-wide forum for these representatives to meet.
SC PSSA Annual report, 1948 (1 shared folder)
MARRIAGE REGISTERS (2 vols), 1890-1908.
- Rev. George Barclay in retirement.
MISTERS REGSITER 1865-1944
- Lists minsters movement into and out of the various South Canterbury Parishes.
HISTORICAL RECORDS (1 shared folder):
- Convener's papers, 1969-1970
- Press clippings, 1969-1971
- Expenses record book 1943-1952 (1 vol)