Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header Ian Matheson City Archives | The Community Archive
Last updated: 13 December 2018

Ian Matheson City Archives

1 - 20 of 427 results
|
Sort by
Page:

Newspaper, 1881, also photocopies of other issues, loaned for copying 1970. ‘The Bulls Roarer and Tutaenui Skunk’ was produced daily October - December, during the election campaign of 1881.

Dates covered: 1881 - 1881     

Hedwick Wilhemina McDonald, nee Maher (1893 - 1959) was a horse woman and the first woman to be granted a horse trainer licence. She trained the horse that won the Melbourne Cup in 1938.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1895 - Circa 1955     

Lionel Abraham (c1893-1986) was a solicitor of Palmerston North. He built the residence 'Southwold' on part section 1036 (now 83 Park Road, Palmerston North) for his family.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1934 - 1995     

Six large scale tracings of sketches and plans of proposed Palmerston North Square developments. Photographs and negatives of royal visit by Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip to Palmerston North.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1970 - 1970     

Records from the old radio station at Milson Airport. Correspondence with Civil Aviation, Air Department, Wellington.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1943 - 1953     

Edwin Akers arrived in New Zealand in late 1874 or early 1875, aged 22.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1874 - 1907     

These documents relate to the lease and purchase of Maori land by William Akers and his son Hugh, proprietors of Riverdale Estate and Opiki Estate. Flax license to cut flax on the Tahitiki block from

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1905 - 1929     

A fund established by the citizens of Palmerston North to send Alan LOVEDAY, the brilliant young violinist, overseas to continue his musical studies. Correspondence. Letterhead. Newspaper clippin

Dates covered: 1932 - 1971     

Alexander Clark Ltd was founded in 1905 when Alexander Clark moved to Palmerston North from Dunedin.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1898 - 1979     

Dorothy ALEXANDER was Deputy Principal of Palmerston North Girls High School. She has also been a facilitator for the Women's Writing Group.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 2002 - 2002     

12 photographs of Palmerston North with explanatory text on back. One photograph of American sailors in C M Ross Ltd Tearooms, Palmerston North, during World War Two.

Dates covered: 1937 - 1945     

The first All Saints church was dedicated in 1875. It was enlarged three times before being relocated on the same site in 1913 when a new brick church was built on the Church Street frontage.

Dates covered: Circa 1885 - Circa 1980     

The All Saints' Children's Home Trust was established in 1906 to provide a home for children who were orphaned, destitute or otherwise unable to be cared for within their own families.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1906 - 1990     

A copy of the 'Red Cookery Book' revised edition 1929, printed in Palmerston North. A cookbook.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1929 - 1929     

Much of the collection relates to the Feilding District. The collection comprises: Handwritten Petition to the Colonial Secretary, Wellington 1880's. Handwritten notes on the British Royal famil

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1871 - 1968     

The Cercle Francaise de Palmerston North was established in 1949, providing a programme of activities and conversation classes for those with an interest in things French, particularly the language.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1949 - 2010     

Alfred ALLSOP was an engine driver on the suburban trains of the Wellington and Manawatu Railway Company. Award, hand drawn and written award in recognition of Alfred ALLSOP's 'care and considerati

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1897 - 1897     

The Alwyn Physical Culture Club was a womans only club opened in Palmerston North in 1936.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1936 - 2004     

Minute book of a committee established by the Foresters, Oddfellows and Good Templars to organise an annual fete (picnic and sporting event) in Palmerston North.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1882 - 1883     

Carl and Anne ANDERSON emigrated from Norway to New Zealand on the 'Celaeno' in 1871. They were allocated 40 acres of land at Awapuni but soon moved to Stoney Creek (now Whakarongo).

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1875 - 1932     
1 - 20 of 427 results
|
Sort by
Page: