Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header CHRISTCHURCH City Council. Parks and Recreation Department. | The Community Archive
Last updated: 2 June 2009

CHRISTCHURCH City Council. Parks and Recreation Department.

Title:

CHRISTCHURCH City Council. Parks and Recreation Department.

Description:

Since the organised colonisation of Christchurch the municipal authorities have maintained three public cemeteries in Christchurch: Barbadoes Street opened in 1851, and closed the use of all but existing plots in 1858; Addington, or Selwyn Street Cemetery, opened in December 1858 and closed 1884; read more …

Dates covered:

1851 - 1930
Share share

Can you tell us more about this collection?

Comments 1 Comment · Post a comment here

Friends of Linwood Cemetery have now set up a website which is an on-going project listing all the graves in the cemetery. www.linwoodcemetery.org.nz

Anonymous · Posted 07 September 2009

Post a comment …

For enquiries please contact Archives New Zealand, Christchurch Regional Office:

Ph:
  • +64 3 3770760
F:
  • +64 3 3770760
E:

More about Archives New Zealand, Christchurch Regional Office »