Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header Archives New Zealand, Christchurch Regional Office | The Community Archive
Last updated: 18 October 2018

Archives New Zealand, Christchurch Regional Office

21 - 39 of 39 results
|
Sort by
Page:

The records of the Canterbury District Office of the Lands and Survey Department contain a considerable range of material, including the following: Minutes, 1878-1911; town and rural section mortgage

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1850 - 1945     

These records contain files relating to Civil Defence groups in the South Island and also relating to training and conferences. Correspondence is also included.

Files

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1960 - 1972     

New Brighton was a small, autonomous beach resort which began its independent local government life as a perennially impecunious borough of 'bach people' and absentee summer residents, which only in t

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1897 - 1958     

The records comprise Testamentary Registers and Native Succession Registers for Canterbury.

Records

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1867 - 1983     

The records consist of bankruptcy files for the following district offices: Christchurch, 1884-1930; Nos. 1-1969 Ashburton, 1884-1918; Nos. 1-218 Timaru, Ashburton, Kaikoura, 1922-1930; Nos.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1884 - 1930     

The Christchurch Hospital was built in 1863.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1863 - 1959     

The Female Refuge records were previously held by the Canterbury Museum as part of the North Canterbury Hospital Board records; see NRAM entries B 233, B 234.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1876 - 1922     

The female refuge was opened in 1876 and was administered by the Diocesan Synod.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1882 - 1928     

Records of the Ohoka and Eyreton Domain Board, which was constituted under the Domain Boards Act of 1881. Included are inward and outward correspondence and other miscellaneous records.

Records

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1884 - 1919     

The records, principally minute books, of the Halswell and Tai Tapu Roads Boards and the Halswell and Paparua County Councils, deposited by the Paparua County Council between March and May 1976. The

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1863 - 1968     

The Selwyn County Subdivision Act (1910) saw the division of that county into seven counties and one borough.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1906 - 1929     

The Rangiora and Mandeville River Board came into existence in the early 1870s and had the care of the main drain which had been constructed by the Provincial Government to render the land saleable.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1873 - 1913     

Ballantyne's is a department store in central Christchurch. On 18 November 1947 a fire broke out in the store causing the total destruction of the building and the loss of 41 lives.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1947 - 1948     

The Selwyn County Council was constituted following the Counties Act in 1876.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1877 - 1924     

The Spreydon Borough Council traced its origin from the Central Heathcote District Roads Board formed in 1864 from the Heathcote Road District.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1911 - 1921     

The St Albans Borough Council was formed in 1881 from the old Avon Road District at the suburban nodes of development which had taken place at what is now Merivale, and at Knightstown, both areas bein

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1881 - 1903     

The Sydenham Borough Council was gazetted on 20 September 1877 in an area to the south of Christchurch across the railway yards which included Addington and Newtown settlements and down Colombo Street

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1877 - 1903     

In 1909 Waimairi County Council was constituted from part of what had originally been Selwyn County. Its jurisdiction extended over the Riccarton and Avon districts, which included Christchurch subur

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1898 - 1946     

The Woolston Borough Council was constituted in July 1893 in place of the earlier town board set up in September 1882 from the old Heathcote Road District.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1885 - 1920     
21 - 39 of 39 results
|
Sort by
Page: