Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header Kaiapoi District Historical Society Inc. | The Community Archive
Last updated: 2 July 2018

Kaiapoi District Historical Society Inc.

1 - 20 of 27 results
|
Sort by
Page:

Chaney's Crossing is 4km south of Kaiapoi.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1905 - 1905     

Part of the present area known as Darnley Square was presented to the town by Mr J. S. White of Ohoka, once a storekeeper in Kaiapoi, the remainder having been declared a reserve in 1867.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1939 - 1939     

The Society was formed in 1960 and its first Chairman was H. J. McIntosh. It established a museum and an archive which were originally housed above the Kaiapoi Borough Council Chambers.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1960 - 1979     

The collection of newspaper cuttings and ephemera relates to the Kaiapoi area and has been sorted into a subject arrangement.

Newspaper cuttings

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1852 - 1992     

In 1922 some Kaiapoi citizens saw the need to tidy up the town on the day of the unveiling of the war memorial to the fallen of the First World War.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1922 - 1933     

The Kaiapoi Borough Council kept a special minute book to record the organisation of special events sponsored by the Council.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1877 - 1916     

The Property Valuation book lists the registered value of every property in the Kaiapoi Borough. The rate book lists described the rateable value of all properties in the Borough.

Records

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1919 - 1924     

The registers are of cemetery plot-holders in the Kaiapoi Borough cemetery.

Registers

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1888 - 1986     

The Registers contain declarations of oath taking by Councillors of the Kaiapoi Borough Council.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1877 - 1947     

The Club was a short-lived venture. A single minute book was created which describes the Club's establishment, a few meetings, and its eventual lapse.

Minute book

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1950 - 1951     

Records include correspondence with local authorities and the Fire Board 1940-1948 (1v); and results of competitions between Fire Brigades of North Canterbury, West Coast and South Canterbury 1940-195

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1940 - 1958     

In 1923 the Waimakariri River flooded causing the evacuation of 200 families from the District and severe damage to stock and property.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1923 - 1923     

This entry is a revision of NRAM C 376. Historical Notes Kaiapoi was the first place in New Zealand to have both men's and women's hockey clubs.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1895 - 1966     

Kaiapoi was the first place in New Zealand to have both men's and women's hockey clubs. They were established by the Anglican Vicar of Kaiapoi, the Rev H. H.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1895 - 1966     

The Society was established in 1876.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1876 - 1983     

The Choir was established in 1924 and ceased to function in 1961. The Club's records include minute books; attendance registers; and names of its choral conductors.

Records

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1924 - 1961     

During the two World Wars local Kaiapoi committees were formed to farewell those people who went to fight overseas and to welcome those who returned home. The Committees raised money to provide extra

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1916 - 1945     

The Register contains the names of those men in Kaiapoi who enlisted for the armed services at the beginning of the Second World War.

Registers

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1939 - 1941     

The inaugural meeting of the Club was held on 7 Sep 1909 and the opening day on 15 Oct 1909. The Club originally played on grass courts in what is now Rugby Park.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1909 - 1953     

The Woollen Mills at Kaiapoi ran a Friendly Society for the benefit of its workers. The registers include lists of member subscriptions and benefits paid.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1882 - 1971     
1 - 20 of 27 results
|
Sort by
Page: