Level of description:
Former NRAM reference number:
West Harbour became a borough in 1877 and the more populous parts amalgamated with Dunedin City in 1963, the rest with Waikouaiti County. Before 1877 the area was administered by the North-East Valley Road Board. It included the suburbs of Ravensbourne, Maia, Burkes, St Leonards, and part of Sawyers Bay.
The records include minutes (1877-1963), correspondence (1879-1963), by-laws, burgess rolls, valuation and rating rolls (1883-1963), financial records, building permit records (1943-1963), a dog register (1881-1893), newspaper clippings (1899-1961) and a photocopy of 'Borough of West Harbour : Jubilee of the Municipality', 1927.