Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header Cheviot District Historical Society | The Community Archive
Last updated: 2 June 2009

Cheviot District Historical Society

1 - 15 of 15 results
|
Sort by

When the Cheviot Estate was opened up for settlement in 1893 the influx of families into the district posed an immediate problem.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1895 - 1976     

The Farm Improvement Club was established in 1960 with the support of Lincoln University.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1960 - 1983     

This entry is a revision of NRAM C 341 Historical Notes The Cheviot Country Girls Club was established in 1949.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1949 - 1967     

The Country Girls' Club was established in 1949. Its aims were to provide a social and educational venue for young women in a rural environment.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1949 - 1967     

Domett School was opened in 1895 and closed after its consolidation with the McKenzie School in 1928. The records consist of examination registers, 1906, 1919; financial statements 1896-1918; registe

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1896 - 1927     

The Club was established in 1935 and is presently in recess. The records include minute books 1935-1970; financial records 1935-1970; score books and ephemera.

Records

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1935 - 1970     

Gore Bay School was opened in 1925 and closed in 1950 when the School was consolidated with Cheviot School. The records include examination register 1925; register of daily attendance 1925-1945, 1947

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1925 - 1950     

Leamington School, which was a single classroom with a porch, was erected in 1896.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1896 - 1907     

The McKenzie School was built in 1895 and the school house was built in 1899.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1898 - 1950     

The Society was established to enable Christian women to meet and discuss motherhood and the establishment and running of a Christian household.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1937 - 1971     

Robert Sloss came to New Zealand on the 'Wild Deer' in 1871. He was a shepherd at Hawkswood, a Scottish settlement in North Canterbury.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1891 - 1932     

Spotswood School was opened in 1895. Earlier, lessons had been held in the home of Mr T. H. Wilkinson.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1895 - 1921     

The Club was formed in 1935.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1935 - 1968     

Tormore School was first opened in 1915 when classes were held in one of the railway houses. It only functioned for a year.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1946 - 1964     

John William Walmsley came to New Zealand c1882 to work in the Ashburton Woollen Mills. He was also associated with the Timaru and Kaiapoi Mills.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1900 - 1976     
1 - 15 of 15 results
|
Sort by