Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header Far North Regional Museum/Te Ahu Heritage | The Community Archive
Last updated: 9 January 2020

Far North Regional Museum/Te Ahu Heritage

1 - 20 of 157 results
|
Sort by
Page:

"Riders of the Red Manuka" are a set of 'still' photos taken by A.J. Northwood in 1926. The photographs show the Far North coastline from Houhora north.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1926 - 1926     

In 1990 Julie Sanders-Piripi was given a grant by the Northland Polytechnic to research the Dalmatians living in the Far North; when they came, and how they lived and worked in the district. Mr Noel

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1880 - 1920     

The Ahipara Country Women's Institute was formed in 1977.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1948 - 1988     

The Ahipara Maori Country Women's Institute began in 1932 and appears to have continued till 1977. Most Maori C.W.I.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1964 - 1977     

Although there was a mission school at Ahipara before 1864, the first school building was not erected until 1872.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1917 - 1937     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. These registers from

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1834 - 1952     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. These registers, fro

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1887 - 1954     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. This register was ca

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1861 - 1880     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. This register is fro

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1886 - 1937     

The Aotearoa Contemporary Art Festival was run in Kaitaia from 14 January to 11 February, 1990, and was part of the nationwide 1990 celebrations. The 1990 Commission provided the initial grant and th

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1990 - 1990     

Mr Arthur Walter Powell was born at Cardiff in Wales in 1893.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1915 - 1967     

Mr George Atkinson, a carpenter from Waimate North was building the Awanui Church when he met Miss Amelia Spanhake of Houhora. In 1899 they were married and the couple took up land in the Mangatete d

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1889 - Circa 1929     

A meeting was held at the residence of Mrs Lewis Matthews, Quarry Road, Awanui, the object being to form a Country Women's Institute branch in the district. A committee was appointed and the first mo

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1932 - 1983     

The Awanui Flax Mill was owned by Mr George Sulento, a native of Dalmatia. The flax mill was situated on the banks of the Awanui river. Current holdings: Time sheet book

Time sheets

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1906 - 1918     

The Awanui School Centennial Committee was formed on 14 March 1973 the purpose being to organize an Awanui School Reunion in 1975. A59/1 Awanui School Centennial Jubilee Minute Book 1973-1975. A59/

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1973 - 1975     

The Far North District Association (later known as the local association) was formed in September 1958, with participation by members from Kaitaia, Awanui, Takahue and Broadwood. The notebook contain

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1958 - 1964     

Mrs Dorothy Bramble (nee Mansbridge of Broadwood) was married to Mr Basil Bramble, who was postmaster of Awanui for many years. She was a great supporter of the Catholic Women's League. A104/1 Minut

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1950 - 1962     

A state aided school functioned at Broadwood from 1895-1904 but it was not until 1908 that the Broadwood School opened.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1895 - 1973     

Cable Bay, 5 km north of Mangonui, was, from 1902-1912, the terminus of the original trans-Pacific telegraph cable linking New Zealand with the rest of the world. This annotated album portrays the de

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1902 - 1912     

This collection comprises cemetery transcriptions some of which were prepared by the New Zealand Society of Genealogists and others by local transcribers.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1843 - 1991     
1 - 20 of 157 results
|
Sort by
Page: