« Return to list

You are exploring ‘Anglican Church’

1 - 20 of 59 results
|
Sort by
Page:

All Saints Anglican Church, situated in Cumberland Street, Dunedin, first opened for worship in July 1865. The church formed part of the Dunedin All Saints Anglican Parish.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1865 - 2008     

The collection includes baptismal, burial, marriage and service registers, vestry minute books, correspondence, financial records, publications and Mothers' Union records.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1876 - 1991     

The collection includes a baptismal register (1961-1978), a burial register (1871-1942), a register of service (1932-1977), cemetery records and some photographs.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1861 - Circa 1985     

The Anglican congregation at St Leonards was established in the 1950s, through the Port Chalmers-Warrington Parish.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1951 - 1987     

Prior to 1869, the Anglican Diocese of Dunedin (Otago and Southland) formed the southern part of the Diocese of Christchurch.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1855 - 2007     

The Riverton Anglican Parish was renamed in 1999.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1966 - 1999     

Butler was in business for twenty years in London before being ordained a minister. He arrived in the Bay of Islands in 1819, settling in Kerikeri.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1819 - 1824     

The collection includes a marriage register (1965-1972), Church Committee minutes (1933-1938), and an order of service (1972).

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1933 - 1972     

The Church of the Holy Innocents formed part of the Dunedin All Saints Anglican Parish. It was closed in 1974.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1892 - 1998     

The New Zealand Council for Christian Education amalgamated with the National Council of Churches Christian Education Commission in 1974 to form the Churches Education Commission.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1940 - 2009     

The collection includes papers relating to Clarke's term as Chief Protector of Aborigines, journals and letters to the Church Missionary Society, letters to his family, and Clarke family papers.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1822 - 1871     

William Colenso was born probably on 7 November 1811 to Samuel and Mary Colenso, and was baptised on 13 December 1811 in Penzance, Cornwall, England.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1834 - 1903     

Williams was born on 11 February 1792 and was baptised on 13 April at Gosport, Hampshire, England. He entered the Navy in 1806, retiring on half pay in 1815.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1822 - 1864     

Hamlin was born in England in 1803 and trained as a flax dresser and weaver. Hamlin and his wife Elizabeth arrived at the Bay of Islands in 1826 with William Williams.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1830 - 1865     

Rev. Samuel Marsden was a chaplain, magistrate, agriculturalist, and missionary who founded the Christian mission in New Zealand.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1813 - 1937     

Kendall was a Church Missionary Society missionary, orthographer and linguist. He founded the Rangihoua Mission in the northern Bay of Islands, with fellow settlers William Hall and John King.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1813 - 1953     

The Flagstaff Parochial District detached from St John's Anglican Parish in 1964. In 1976 it became the Flagstaff-Brockville Parochial District.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1956 - 1987     

The collection includes a Register of Services and a 1916 marriage licence. Greenfield baptismal records can be found among the baptismal registers of Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Lawrence.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1915 - 1932     

The Guild was established in 1938. Scope and contents: The collection includes minutes, correspondence, membership lists, financial records, rules, newsletters and guidebooks.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1927 - 1992     

The Holy Trinity Anglican Church was officially opened in 1871. Prior to that, Anglican services had been held in the Wesleyan church or in the local school since 1867.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1866 - 1980     
1 - 20 of 59 results
|
Sort by
Page: