Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header You are exploring ‘Churches’ | The Community Archive

« Return to list

You are exploring ‘Churches’

1 - 20 of 104 results
|
Sort by
Page:

All Saints Anglican Church, situated in Cumberland Street, Dunedin, first opened for worship in July 1865. The church formed part of the Dunedin All Saints Anglican Parish.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1865 - 2008     

The collection includes baptismal, burial, marriage and service registers, vestry minute books, correspondence, financial records, publications and Mothers' Union records.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1876 - 1991     

The collection includes a baptismal register (1961-1978), a burial register (1871-1942), a register of service (1932-1977), cemetery records and some photographs.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1861 - Circa 1985     

Photocopy of reminiscences of Mr John A. Comrie, born in Pukekohe East 1865, written 9th January 1946.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1946 - 1946      Contributor: Pukekohe Library     

Connie M. Hopkinson, originally from Suffolk England, worked as a trained nurse for the Presbytarian Church Missionary Society (CMS) in Foochow, China.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1927 - 1971     

The Anglican congregation at St Leonards was established in the 1950s, through the Port Chalmers-Warrington Parish.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1951 - 1987     

Prior to 1869, the Anglican Diocese of Dunedin (Otago and Southland) formed the southern part of the Diocese of Christchurch.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1855 - 2007     

In 1869, St Peter's Anglican Church in Caversham became a parochial district, and the Parish of Caversham traces its origins to that time.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1864 - 2001     

The Riverton Anglican Parish was renamed in 1999.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1966 - 1999     

Dunedin Churches of Christ began in 1858 with the arrival in Port Chalmers of the 'Strathalen' and the 'Palmyra'.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1864 - 1996     

Awhitu Archives Accession List for archival holdings held by the Awhitu Historical Society.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1860 - Circa 2000      Contributor: Pukekohe Library     

Oral history interview with long time local Pakuranga resident Brenda Scott (nee White) by Karen Lawson and Geoff Pollard from Pakuranga Library, Auckland Libraries, on 2 July 2014.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1940 - Circa 1969      Contributor: South Auckland Research Centre     

Photocopies of original documents relating to the town of Buckland in the Franklin District. Includes: Part of Buckland School 75th Jubilee booklet, 7th, 8th, 9th November, 1969. Newspaper clipping

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1909 - 1992      Contributor: Pukekohe Library     

The collection includes a marriage register (1965-1972), Church Committee minutes (1933-1938), and an order of service (1972).

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1933 - 1972     

The Church of the Good Shepherd was opened in Wakari in 1951.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1940 - 1984     

The Church of the Holy Innocents formed part of the Dunedin All Saints Anglican Parish. It was closed in 1974.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1892 - 1998     

The New Zealand Council for Christian Education amalgamated with the National Council of Churches Christian Education Commission in 1974 to form the Churches Education Commission.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1940 - 2009     

Biography: James Albert Dangerfield was born and raised in Christchurch.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1909 - 2001      Contributor: Heritage Collections, Dunedin Public Library     

On 2 July 1863 fourteen Baptists met at Excelsior Hall, answering an advertisement placed in the 'Otago Daily Times' and agreed to form a Baptist Church.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1863 - 1998     

Kendall was a Church Missionary Society missionary, orthographer and linguist. He founded the Rangihoua Mission in the northern Bay of Islands, with fellow settlers William Hall and John King.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1813 - 1953     
1 - 20 of 104 results
|
Sort by
Page: