Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header You are exploring ‘Religion’ | The Community Archive

« Return to list

You are exploring ‘Religion’

1 - 20 of 321 results
|
Sort by
Page:

First Catholic Chaplain to the RNZAF (1940-1947). Father Wilfrid Ainsworth M.B.E. was educated at Wellington.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1930 - 1974     

Records of the Presbyterian Parish of Albury/Pleasant Point, including the Albury, St John's (Pleasant Point), St David's Memorial (Cave) and St Paul's (Totara Valley) churches, covering the period of

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1879 - 1995     

Mary Aldred was the wife of the Methodist missionary John Aldred. They arrived in Auckland with their family of two sons and three daughters in 1849.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1843 - Circa 1932     

All Saints Anglican Church, situated in Cumberland Street, Dunedin, first opened for worship in July 1865. The church formed part of the Dunedin All Saints Anglican Parish.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1865 - 2008     

The collection includes baptismal, burial, marriage and service registers, vestry minute books, correspondence, financial records, publications and Mothers' Union records.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1876 - 1991     

The collection includes a baptismal register (1961-1978), a burial register (1871-1942), a register of service (1932-1977), cemetery records and some photographs.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1861 - Circa 1985     

Allen, a Sumner schoolmaster, 1907-1933 and reporter for the Christchurch newspapers, was very active in local affairs. The records comprise newspaper cuttings from the 'Christchurch Star', Christchu

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1915 - 1938     

The first minister for Anderson's Bay Parish was Rev. J. H. McNaughton, a Scotsman ordained in Canada. His term lasted from 1863 until 1877. The first church building, designed by R. A.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1863 - 1997     

Connie M. Hopkinson, originally from Suffolk England, worked as a trained nurse for the Presbytarian Church Missionary Society (CMS) in Foochow, China.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1927 - 1971     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. These registers from

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1834 - 1952     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. These registers, fro

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1887 - 1954     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. This register was ca

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1861 - 1880     

The history of the Church of England in the Far North began with the establishment of the Mission Station at Kaitaia, under the auspices of the Church Missionary Society in 1834. This register is fro

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1886 - 1937     

The Anglican congregation at St Leonards was established in the 1950s, through the Port Chalmers-Warrington Parish.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1951 - 1987     

Prior to 1869, the Anglican Diocese of Dunedin (Otago and Southland) formed the southern part of the Diocese of Christchurch.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1855 - 2007     

Records of the Anglican Men's Society giving a fairly comprehensive history of the activities of the Society during the 96 years of operations in New Zealand since its founding in 1904.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1910 - 2000     

In 1869, St Peter's Anglican Church in Caversham became a parochial district, and the Parish of Caversham traces its origins to that time.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1864 - 2001     

The Riverton Anglican Parish was renamed in 1999.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1966 - 1999     

Background The Ardmore Presbyterian Church was opened in 1929, with the support of local members of the Clevedon and Papakura Presbyterian Churches.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1929 - 1939      Contributor: South Auckland Research Centre     

Dunedin Churches of Christ began in 1858 with the arrival in Port Chalmers of the 'Strathalen' and the 'Palmyra'.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1864 - 1996     
1 - 20 of 321 results
|
Sort by
Page: