Get HSTS headerGet HSTS header You are exploring ‘Schools’ | The Community Archive

« Return to list

You are exploring ‘Schools’

21 - 40 of 118 results
|
Sort by
Page:

The school opened in 1882. It closed in 1947 and pupils transferred to Ranfurly District High School.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1882 - 1948     

Oral history interview with Janice Grace at her home in Pakuranga on 29 April 2014. Recorded by Karen Lawson, Pakuranga Library.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1959 - 2015      Contributor: South Auckland Research Centre     

Grants Braes School opened on 1 February 1950.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1950 - 1999     

The school operated as Green Island Bush School from 1853-1855 and became Green Island School in 1856.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1856 - 2003     

High Street School opened in 1864 and was known as William Street School until 1885. It became High Street School in 1886 and was decapitated to Kenmure Intermediate on 4 February 1974.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1882 - 1980     

Hinahina School opened in 1912. It was consolidated on Owaka District High School in 1933.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1912 - 1933     

Houipapa School opened in 1893 and was consolidated on Owaka School in 1946.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1893 - 1946     

Hyde School was established in 1869 and was closed in 1999.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1869 - 2000     

Collection of compiled photographs donated by author and local historian, Ian Barton relating to the history of Hunua, the Barton family and the Shuker family.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1876 - 2013      Contributor: South Auckland Research Centre     

Typescript copy of notes taken from an exercise book belonging to James Graham of Pukekohe (b. 1866).

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1866 - 1897      Contributor: Pukekohe Library     

Kaikorai School was opened in 1864 and decapitated to Balmacewen Intermediate on 1 February 1964.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1871 - 1994     

Kaikorai Valley High School opened as a state school for year 9 to year 13 pupils in 1958.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1958 - Circa 2006     

Karitane School opened in 1876 and operated under the Native Affairs department until 1912.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1889 - 1989     

Katea School opened in 1896. It was consolidated on Owaka District High School in 1939.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1904 - 1939     

The Christian Brothers arrived in Dunedin in 1876. That same year they took over St Joseph's School, a private establishment in upper Dowling (now Tennyson) Street.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1875 - 2009     

Notes by Kenneth Muir, former farmer of Alfriston on the re-naming of local bridges in the Alfriston-Brookby area, documents relating to the history and proposed sale of Alfriston Presbyterian Church,

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: Circa 1960 - Circa 2016      Contributor: South Auckland Research Centre     

Kensington School officially opened in 1874, although it had apparently been operating earlier in a private home in Grosvenor Street.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1874 - 1975     

In 1893 the Dunedin Technical Association acquired the lease of a property in Great King Street and established the Dunedin Technical School.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1887 - 1977     

King's High School, a secondary school for boys, was built in 1935 and opened on 3 February 1936 with an opening roll of 200 pupils. It was built to relieve overcrowding at Otago Boys' High School.

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1936 - 2001     

Lindis Pass School opened in 1932 and was consolidated on Tarras School in 1943. Scope and contents: The collections includes an admission, progress and withdrawal register, a School Committe

Contains 0 items in The Community Archive
Dates covered: 1935 - 1944     
21 - 40 of 118 results
|
Sort by
Page: